Stephanie Forseth, B.Kin, MSc. O.T. (c)
Occupational Therapist, Founder
In 2017, Stephanie founded Intuitive Therapy Solutions Ltd. as she noticed an increased need for timely and comprehensive services for individuals in the community. Her vast experience in the community setting has provided her with insight into many “gaps” in specific areas. These unaddressed areas cause excess stress for many individuals as they are unable to receive the help that they require. Stephanie’s hope is that Intuitive Therapy Solutions Ltd. will support our community by providing required services, while also removing the common “worries” around: access to resources, experiencing excessively long wait times, limitations in the provided therapy services and limited number of visits.
Stephanie is passionate about providing timely, strength-based, solution-focused therapy to her clients, as she works with them to develop and achieve their goals. Stephanie studied at the University of Calgary, where she obtained her undergraduate degree in Kinesiology in 2009. From there, she sought out further education and graduated from Dalhousie University with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy.
Stephanie believes there is more to therapy than merely the credentials to practice. While this is important & necessary, she believes in the power of one’s therapeutic use of their personality and their intuition to provide quality & effective therapy. Throughout her career, Stephanie feels she has found many of the fundamentals of providing great therapy to her clients.
Some of these fundamentals include:
- building authentic relationship with her clients,
- providing best practice as well as flexible, practical therapy options,
- working as a team with her clients,
- providing a just-right challenge,
- empowering her clients to achieve their goals,
- collaborating with other health care professionals,
- & developing and tapping into one’s own intuition.
- Supporting families and their children with achieving their functional goals within their homes, community and school systems.
- Working with individuals with a variety of diagnoses such as Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Developmental Delay, Muscular Dystrophy and many more.
- Feeding skills,
- Self regulation,
- Fine/gross motor skills including handwriting,
- Life and self care skills
- Return to work and community integration program support for individuals after brain injury, including MTBI, TBI, & stroke.
- Home safety,
- Falls prevention,
- Compensatory and adaptive strategies,
- Equipment prescription,
- ADL, IADL, and cognitive re-training.
Stephanie holds a special interest in Feeding Therapy and has attended numerous specialized courses in the area. She is pleased to offer specialized services specific to this area, through the Intuitive Feeding program. Please visit the Intuitive Feeding website HERE for more information on this service.
Outside of Occupational Therapy, Stephanie can be found adventuring around the world, spending time with her Olde English Bulldogge, Ursula and exploring the outdoors whether it be hiking, camping, rafting or snowmobiling in the mountains with her partner, Sean.
She hopes to have the opportunity to connect with you to discuss if she would be a good fit in helping you achieve your goals!
Our team is in the process of growing. Please contact us if you are looking for therapists specializing in Speech Language Pathology, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Nutrition, etc.
“I put in a request for an assessment for help with my husband. I don’t know what we expected but we were so pleased with our interview with Stephanie. She arrived promptly and immediately put my husband at ease. She listened to him and responded with warmth. She was efficient and very practical in assessing his needs. She was a delight to work with.” -Valerie & Colin